Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A Day in the Life of Fai

Witamy (Welcome) Life in Piła followers!

I know a few people, a.k.a my parents, were interested in knowing what a typical day in Piła looked like for me. They wanted to know what I did, what I ate, who I met, where I went, etc.  Instead of spending an hour on the phone explaining my day, I thought maybe more people, other than my parents, would be interested in reading A Day in the Life of Fai by yours truly. So here it is. Enjoy!



It's Tuesday (Wtorek), 9/3 !!

7:30 AM: Wake up call  to All My People by Sasha Lopez. It's necessary for me to wake up in the best possible mood! No one likes grumpy Fai :\


8:25 AM: By this time, I've brushed my teeth, eaten breakfast (an egg sandwich with blueberries on the side), and am dressed and ready to head to practice!

(1) 8:45AM-9:00AM, (2)9:00AM-11:00AM: (1) I am in this lovely gym warming up to squat 150kg (330lbs) in my strength and conditioning session with team. (2) Just kidding, only did 100kg (220lbs) today among other exercises such as deadlifts (my hamstrings are on fire!), bench press (my nemesis from Day 1), and lunges (it's normally a hit or miss with these guys).


11:00AM-12:00 PM: I am back in the gym with the team to work on serving. Once finished at noon, it's time for a cool down stretch and food. So hungry! 

12:30PM:  I'm back at this lovely place for lunch (spinach and ricotta tortellini with chicken), a quick movie sesh (Netflix, you are a godsend), a possible nap (floral couch, here I come), and a Skype phone call to the 'rents (Helloooooo Mama!).


4:25PM: I am dressed and ready to head out for my second practice of the day. Oh and here's what the gym looks like from the outside. So cool!


5:00PM-8:00PM:  We got to work on my two favorite activities today: hitting and blocking! Nothing is more satisfying than bouncing the ball on the 3m line (1oft line) and/or blocking the ball so hard it hits the floor before I land.

8:25PM: Standing in my kitchen. Staring at the fridge. Debating what to eat. 
...
...
...
More tortellini it is!!!
Leftovers are the greatest when I'm not in the mood to cook.

So that was pretty much my Tuesday. Hoped you enjoyed reading about my day as much as I enjoyed actually doing it.  Tomorrow will be slightly different, practice wise, but everything else will pretty much remain the same unless I decide to read a book instead of catching up on the latest season of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix. 

Who am I kidding? Grey's so happening! 

Until next time, do widzenia (goodbye)!








1 comment:

  1. Thank you Fai for keeping us posted of your daily activities In Poland. Please keep up the good work. You are looking fantastic. You are missed.

    ReplyDelete